Mom’s Broccoli Casserole
Adapted from my mom, Nancy Vennare’s, recipe
Makes 8 – 10 Servings
Growing up in the 1970s, casseroles were popular fare on our dinner table like many American families. My mom, who eventually went back to work outside the home, was always looking to try a new one dish recipe that would make her work at home, a bit lighter. This is a great dish to use for entertaining, either as a side or a main.
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli, blanched and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- One 14 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I like the vegan brand Just Mayo)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups crumbled cracker crumbs (like Ritz)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
Mix everything except broccoli, crackers and butter together in a large bowl. Add in the broccoli. Pour mixture into a buttered 9” x 13” pan. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the top and dot with butter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbling!