USA | FIJI | NEW ZEALAND | AUSTRALIA | SINGAPORE | THAILAND | EGYPT | ITALY | TURKEY | USA
There are, of course, lots of Aussie-isms. Here are a few you might find useful that we heard while we were in Oz.
- If something is FULL ON, it can be super busy, worn out or just plain hard core
- The trash can is the BIN
- Ketchup is TOMATO SAUCE
- If you are SUCKED IN you have befallen something unfortunate that’s funny
- Pull into the SERVO to fill up your car with PETRO
- A flat bed pickup truck is a UTE (yoo-t)
- If you’re cold put on a JUMPER, a sweater or sweatshirt
- An OP SHOP is an “opportunity” shop, or second hand store
GOOD ON YOU!